Current Job Openings
The Century Foundation (TCF)—a think tank promoting progressive ideas and innovative practical solutions that advance opportunity, equality, and security—seeks a proven, successful, hands-on Grants Manager who will assist the development team with our institutional giving efforts during this period of exciting growth. TCF is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization funded by revenue from our endowment, grants, and contributions from foundations, individuals, and other partners. TCF is celebrating our centennial in 2019 with initiatives and events that will position us for our next 100 years.
Located in our New York City office, the Grants Manager is responsible for working with TCF’s development team on our overall institutional giving for TCF. Primarily reporting to TCF’s Director of Development, the Grants Manager will be responsible for the smooth running of the organization’s grants management/reporting activities and will work closely with the Director of Development, finance team, administrative team, editorial, and TCF Fellows to implement key aspects of grant application and management, grant reporting data and files, and research on funders, along with coordination of the participatory grant seeking process. Specifically, the Grants Manager will work under the Director of Development to facilitate efficient grant management processes, maintain accurate funder–partner files. They will bring energy, vision, and creativity to further TCF’s record of innovation and achievement.
- Assist the Director of Development with all grant management activities, including, reviewing and writing proposals, keeping all grant documents organized and filed in both TCF’s project management system (Asana), DonorPerfect, and development folders
- Manage a comprehensive calendar of past, current, and upcoming proposals and reports
- Assist with grant proposal submissions; conduct prospect research to identify new funding opportunities for the organization
- Keep a track of all active grants on the grants calendar and development calendar and maintain a portfolio of over eighty prospects with the Director of Development
- Implement grant-seeking work plans to ensure policy teams are on track to meet deadlines
- Complete due diligence review of grant applications, identifying compliance issues for the team
- Work with the finance team to reconcile all funds received on a monthly basis, or as a grant is received, with the paperwork scanned and filed
- Implement a grant expense authorization process, in coordination with the finance team to ensure timely grant expenditures
- Provide Director of Development with regular progress reports and updates on grants, including prospective grants
- Organizing all grant agreements in project management system (Asana) and our shared files and in the donor base
- Working with Director of Development on the financial and budget related questions, as per grant agreements
- Research, prepare, and maintain a prospecting portfolio, with eligibility requirements and priority level
- Coordinate with development team and finance team on the preparation and review of financial reports, and revisions of approved grant budgets as necessary
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for grant fundraising targets and current status for submissions to Director of Development
- Assist with organizing meetings and distributing agendas and related materials
- Other duties, as required
- BA or equivalent required; 2–3 years of work experience in grant writing and management
- Strong analytical, verbal, written, organizational and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, and a quick learner
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite is a must; experience with a project management system is a plus
- Ability to think and work quickly and efficiently, and communicate effectively with teams
- Solid ethics and an ability to use discretion with sensitive material
- Willingness to be flexible and open-minded, and be a highly engaged team player
- A sense of humor, balanced with a sincere interest in the mission
Founded in 1919 by the progressive business leader Edward Filene, TCF is a think tank that pursues our mission by conducting timely, nonpartisan research and policy analysis that informs citizens, guides policymakers, and reshapes what government does for the better.
TCF is at the forefront of positive change in some of the most critical areas of domestic and foreign policy including pursuing fairness and opportunity in education; protecting workers and further strengthening the social safety net; encouraging democracy and ensuring personal rights in the tech age; and promoting stability and prosperity abroad.
Based in New York, with an office in Washington, D.C., our fellows come from academia, journalism, and public service, and share an abiding commitment to the power of ideas.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé and three writing samples to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No inquiries by third-party vendors and no phone calls please.
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
The Century Foundation (TCF)—a think tank promoting progressive ideas and innovative practical solutions that advance opportunity, equality, and security—seeks an Executive Assistant based in our New York City office.
Reporting to TCF’s President, the Executive Assistant will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and other senior team leaders.
- Providing administrative support for the President
- Facilitate board meetings and board related events as requested by the President/COO/leadership staff including material prep, room setup, and catering
- Taking a proactive role in helping the President in preparation of events and activities to ensure the President has adequate materials
- Communicating with the board for meeting and travel arrangements and drafting board meeting notes
- Assisting in the set-up for TCF activities when requested for TCF events
- Collecting contract information, preparing standard agreement letters, and updating Asana and other files on shared drive
- Resolving administrative challenges
- Posting new job opportunities to websites
- Undertaking special projects for the President
- Providing administrative support for other departments as directed by the President
- Greeting visitors to the office
- Willingness to learn and be involved with/assist high-level decision makers at progressive policy think tank
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, able to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- General office skills (email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google docs), database management experience
- Strong Internet research skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible, collaborative, supportive, and proactive
The Century Foundation is a 100-year old progressive, independent think tank that conducts timely research, develops solutions, and drives policy change to make people’s lives better. We fight for economic, racial, and gender equity in education, health care, and the future of work, and beyond our borders we promote U.S. foreign policy toward a more peaceful, better governed Middle East.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No inquiries by third-party vendors and no phone calls please.
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds (Arabic or Spanish speakers are welcome). Everyone is encouraged to apply, including LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.