Health Care Reform Policy Director/Senior Fellow
The Century Foundation, a progressive think tank, is seeking a Director/Senior Fellow to advance its work in promoting universal, affordable, quality health care. Research may include a wide range of issues within that broader framework of health care reform. The Director/Senior Fellow works out of TCF’s Washington D.C. office.
- Outline and conduct a program of research, policy development, and collaboration with allies, and help develop and advance health care reform proposals beyond the ACA.
- Publish reports and commentary on ways to improve the ACA, including the development of strategies for states to improve or expand ACA coverage.
- Analyze and comment on various emerging health care reform proposals advanced by members of Congress, presidential candidates, and advocates.
- Establish and maintain strong networks among health care advocates, policymakers, and colleagues at other think thanks to share information, collaborate on conferences and convenings, and build national support for universal health care.
- Lift TCF’s profile and influence as the nation considers the next generation of health care reform proposals.
- Publish and commission reports from other health care experts on specific research projects to advance TCF’s work, which could include topics such as health disparities, drug prices, delivery system reforms.
- Lead the development of a strategy to grow TCF’s health care policy team, including cultivation of new funding sources and partnerships, with support from TCF.
Essential skills and qualifications include an advanced degree and:
- At least 10 years of experience in health care policy, research, or public service/practice, and the ability to evaluate and recommend improvements of competing health care reform proposals.
- Existing working relationships with health care peer organizations, advocates, and policymakers, that would help advance health care reform.
- Demonstrated ability to produce rigorous, peer-reviewed research, as well as policy papers, issue briefs, and commentary appropriate for policymakers and public audiences.
- A broad understanding of public policy issues, including skill in assessing and improving research projects from conception through publication.
- Political acuity and the ability to craft research and policy recommendations to maximize effectiveness in light of political constraints and opportunities.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including for expert and popular audiences alike.
- A relentless passion for policy change, public service, and driving health care reform.
- Willingness to work with TCF development director to cultivate, develop and pitch proposals to prospective funders.
Founded in 1919 by the progressive business leader Edward Filene, TCF is a think tank that pursues its mission by conducting timely, nonpartisan research and policy analysis that informs citizens, guides policymakers, and reshapes what government does for the better.
TCF focuses particularly on four basic challenges facing the United States: persistent economic inequality combined with the shift to American households of financial risks previously borne by employers and government; the challenges facing the education and health care systems; and restoring America’s international credibility as an effective and cooperative leader in responding to global security and economic dangers.
TCF is based in New York, with an office in Washington, D.C. Its fellows come from academia, journalism, and public service, but share a commitment to the abiding belief in the power of ideas.
Please submit résumé to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No inquiries by third-party vendors and no phone calls please.
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.