Graphic Design & Events Associate
New York, NY
The Century Foundation is seeking a creative and detail-oriented communicator to lead TCF’s events and public programming, graphic design and web production, and to assist with social media and digital campaign outreach.
Working across TCF’s issue areas of education, health care, labor, privacy and surveillance and foreign affairs, the communications and events associate will coordinate the annual events calendar and work with the Director of Production to ensure TCF content is produced, designed, and marketed at a high quality, including multimedia elements such as video and data visualizations.
Graphic Design and Web Production
- Design and build out TCF policy reports and commentary pieces in WordPress for publication on TCF.org, utilizing basic HTML and CSS
- Assist in the design and production of assets and supportive imagery, including data visualizations, photography, and illustrations for online pieces
- Assist with multimedia production duties, including video editing, YouTube uploading, and podcast production
- Research new and creative ways to present TCF’s work digitally
- Coordinate with internal and external contacts to organize and produce TCF events, including conferences, policy debates, lecture series, salon dinners, and stakeholder convenings
- Liaise with third-party vendors for rentals (venue, catering, A/V, etc.)
- Draft, design, and distribute event invitations, reminders, and follow-ups
- Utilize event management systems such as Eventbrite and Ustream
- Design event materials such as programs, handouts, and Powerpoints
- Track and analyze event data to develop new and innovative event ideas
General Communications Support
- Provide support to the team on social media, press outreach, and digital campaigns as needed
- Help maintain the communications team’s editorial and production calendars
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to communications/media, graphic design, or policy/politics
- A minimum of two years experience in event management and/or graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and familiarity with video and audio editing tools a plus
- Basic HTML skills required, with additional WordPress, web development, and coding knowledge a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- A passion for TCF’s work and mission
The Century Foundation is a progressive public policy think tank that seeks to foster opportunity, reduce inequality, and promote security at home and abroad. Founded in 1919 by the progressive business leader Edward Filene, the TCF pursues its mission by conducting timely, non-partisan research and policy analysis that informs citizens, guides policymakers, and reshapes what government does for the better.
TCF is based in New York, with a satellite office in Washington, D.C. Its fellows come from academia, journalism, and public service, but share a commitment to the TCF’s abiding belief in the power of ideas.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and 5-10 portfolio items or two writing samples to [email protected], with your name and “Graphic Design & Events Associate” in the subject line. This position will be advertised until the role is filled.
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.