Web Development Associate
New York, NY
Reporting to the director of production, the web development associate will build data visualizations and assist in producing a variety of other online content for TCF’s public facing platforms.
- Create interactive data visualizations to support TCF’s research, in partnership with the communications and policy teams utilizing programs such as CARTO and Plot.ly.
- Assist in production of content on TCF.org, including inputting copy, coordinating design assets, and updating pages.
- Design content for social media, email outreach, development, and marketing—as well as assets for online content and print material.
- Edit video and audio content for publication on TCF.org, YouTube, and associated platforms.
- Collaborate with communications, editorial, and policy teams on new and creative solutions to further the work and mission of TCF.
- Assist in drafting and updating standard operating procedures for production tasks.
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, or a minimum of 3–5 years in web development, digital production or design in a professional context.
- Proficiency with WordPress.
- Experience with manipulation of structured data using tools like Python/MySQL/R.
- Graphic design and image editing skills, including proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Video and audio editing skills.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO best practices a plus.
- A commitment to TCF’s values and ideals.
The Century Foundation is a progressive public policy think tank that seeks to foster opportunity, reduce inequality, and promote security at home and abroad. Founded in 1919 by the progressive business leader Edward Filene, the TCF pursues its mission by conducting timely, non-partisan research and policy analysis that informs citizens, guides policymakers, and reshapes what government does for the better.
TCF is based in New York, with a satellite office in Washington, D.C. Its fellows come from academia, journalism, and public service, but share a commitment to the TCF’s abiding belief in the power of ideas.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 examples of web development and/or design work to [email protected], with your name and “Web Development Associate” in the subject line. This position will be advertised until the role is filled.
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities