- Accounting and HR Specialist
Accounting and HR Specialist
New York, New York
The Century Foundation (TCF)—a think tank promoting progressive ideas and innovative practical solutions that advance opportunity, equality, and security—seeks an Accounting and Human Resources Specialist based in our New York City office.
Reporting to TCF’s Chief Operating Officer, the Accounting and HR Specialist will work closely with the Finance Director and provide HR support to the staff.
Representative Core Responsibilities
- Accounts Receivables and Payables: process, code, enter, and track
- Track/reconcile/document credit card statements
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annual financial and administrative reports, utilize report generation features to automate standard report formats
- Maintain files/documentation and assist with audit preparations
- Assist in HR and benefits administration including staff education, benefits/vendor tracking and documentation
- Assist with grants accounting, reporting, tracking and reconciliation with fundraising/grants management databases
- Work with Finance Director and COO to enhance and document processes and procedures
- Provide back-up support for Executive Assistant and other duties as assigned
- Experience working in an office setting preferably with a small, multifunctional staff where everyone wears
different hats and covers different responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or equivalent work experience
- Five years general accounting experience, nonprofit accounting is a plus. Ideal candidate will have worked in a small organization and enjoys wearing multiple hats.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, able to manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- General office skills (email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database management, facile user of accounting package (such as Sage, Quickbooks, etc.) and very strong report generation experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer-service orientation
- Flexible, collaborative, supportive, and proactive
Founded in 1919 by the progressive business leader Edward Filene, TCF is a think tank that pursues our mission by conducting timely, nonpartisan research and policy analysis that informs citizens, guides policymakers, and reshapes what government does for the better.
TCF is at the forefront of positive change in some of the most critical areas of domestic and foreign policy including pursuing fairness and opportunity in education; protecting workers and further strengthening the social safety net; encouraging democracy and ensuring personal rights in the tech age; and promoting stability and prosperity abroad.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and salary expectations to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No inquiries by third-party vendors and no phone calls please.
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds (Arabic or Spanish speakers are welcome). Everyone is encouraged to apply, including LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with non-job-impairing disabilities.