The Century Foundation’s Summer Scholars is an internship program designed to foster skill sets in order to excel in the public policy sector. Scholars will build important skills, add to their portfolios, meet interesting people, and hopefully even have some fun. The program is a hybrid, eight-week, full-time position, running from Monday, June 12 through Friday, August 4.
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and two writing examples via the correct BambooHR link below. If you have any questions, email [email protected]
- Other Summer Scholar Positions Are Closed as of March 15, 2023
- Summer Scholar: Next100 (Applications extended until March 31, 2023)
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States, for example by being a citizen or being a student with an F-1 visa that will cover the entire period of the eight-week program.
To be considered please submit your application by March 15, 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your questions are not answered below, email [email protected]
What is The Century Foundation?
- The Century Foundation is a progressive, independent think tank that conducts research, develops solutions, and drives policy change to make people’s lives better. We pursue economic, racial, gender, and disability equity in education, health care, and work, and promote U.S. foreign policy that fosters international cooperation, peace, and security. TCF has offices in New York and Washington, D.C.
How long is the Summer Scholar Program?
- The program is a hybrid, eight-week, full-time position, running from Monday, June 12 through Friday, August 4.
Who can apply to be a Summer Scholar?
- An undergrad, grad student, or recent graduate with a strong background in policy analysis or communications. Community College, HBCU, and Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) students and alumni are encouraged to apply.
I see the postings are for preferred locations, should I apply if I will be located elsewhere this summer?
- Remote applicants will be considered, but there is a preference to someone in the desired location. There will be a 3-Day Retreat in Washington, D.C. that is a mandatory in-person event during the program.
I am trying to select my two writing examples for my application. Do you have any guidance?
- While there are no specific topics required for the writing examples, it would be considered a plus if they connected or related to the topic area of the position you are applying for.
- There is no exact word or page count, but think about providing examples that show your ability to do different types of work (research, academic writing, blog posts or shorter samples).
- Samples could include: Research papers from a job or class, narrative papers from a job or class, blog posts, press releases, articles or other contributions.
I just applied! When should I hear about any updates to my application?
- We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until the deadline on March 15, 2023. While some teams may do screening calls before this date, we will confirm the cohort by the end of March.
Does The Century Foundation provide any health benefits to the Summer Scholars?
- No, at this time TCF does not provide any health benefits for this internship program.