The period from 2010 to 2015 may be the most active five years in the modern history of health policy —thanks to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). But along with some significant successes, the ACA also faces real challenges. More can be done to ensure coverage under the ACA is accessible, affordable, and consumer friendly.
On December 15, join the Urban Institute and The Century Foundation as healthcare experts from both institutions discuss their latest research on the ACA, discuss recommendations for its improvement, and respond to policy critiques from other leading voices in the health policy field. Featured research will include a new Century Foundation report, Key Proposals to Strengthen the Affordable Care Act, to be released concurrent with the event, and the Urban Institute report, After King v. Burwell: Next Steps for the Affordable Care Act, released in August.
- Timothy Jost, Emeritus Professor, Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Harold Pollack, Fellow, The Century Foundation
- Linda J. Blumberg, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- John Holahan, Institute Fellow, Urban Institute
- Gail R. Wilensky, Senior Fellow, Project HOPE
- Robert D. Reischauer, Distinguished Institute Fellow, President Emeritus, Urban Institute
- Julie Rovner, Distinguished Fellow, Kaiser Health News; Former Health Policy Correspondent, NPR
Watch this event live: