This is the most promising moment for the American labor movement in decades. Not only have there been historic union victories at Amazon and Starbucks, but public approval for unions is the highest it’s been in half a century and young workers are showing an extraordinary level of interest in unions.
Join leading figures behind this surge in union organizing on Thursday, July 28 from 2:00 PM ET to 3:00 PM ET as we discuss how best to increase worker power and ensure that this promising moment becomes a larger and truly lasting movement. What are the next steps for interested workers and for established unions? What will it take to strengthen the labor movement and make sure it fights for fairness for all workers?
Please register to obtain the link to watch online.
- Steven Greenhouse, senior fellow, The Century Foundation
- Harold Meyerson, editor at large, The American Prospect
- Sara Nelson, president, Association of Flight Attendants
- Chris Smalls, president, Amazon Labor Union
- Jaz Brisack, union organizer and barista, Starbucks
- Joseph McCartin, professor of labor history at Georgetown University and executive director of the Kalmanovitz Initiative for Labor and the Working Poor
Presented by The Century Foundation and The American Prospect.