*Please Note: The livestream will begin on this page at the time of the event.
Under the Biden administration, the U.S. Department of Transportation has put equity and fighting climate change at the center of its transportation policy.
Join U.S. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg on Tuesday, October 18, 3:00–4:00 PM ET, for a conversation on the Biden-Harris administration’s historic investments in transportation, which not only will help combat climate change, but also will benefit historically marginalized communities. The event is co-sponsored by NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and The Century Foundation.
The conversation will be followed by a panel discussion featuring leaders in the transportation, climate, and equity fields, which will examine the ways in which policymakers can and are making meaningful progress towards a more connected, equitable, and sustainable future.
- Pete Buttigieg, U.S. secretary of transportation, in conversation with Aisha Balogun, urban planning student and vice chair for the Black Student Association, NYU
- Sherry Glied, Dean NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
- Bradley Abelow, board chair, The Century Foundation
- Moderator: Sarah Kaufman, interim executive director, NYU Rudin Center for Transportation and adjunct associate professor of urban planning
- Peggy Shepard, co-founder and executive director of WE ACT for Environmental Justice
- Sonam Velani, founder and CEO, Streetlife Ventures
Live captions and ASL interpretation will be available.
Please register to obtain the link to watch online.