*Please Note: The livestream will begin on this page at the time of the event.
President Biden and the U.S. Department of Education’s student debt cancellation plan is a historic move for a historic moment.
Join The Century Foundation on Tuesday, October 25, from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM ET as we focus on what brought us here and the role of Congress (and advocates) in ensuring that high student loan balances don’t overburden a new generation. Speakers will also discuss the upcoming Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Waiver deadline, what it means for borrowers, and what states are doing to support expanded outreach on this topic.
Live CART and ASL interpretation will be provided.
- Moderator: Tiara Moultrie, fellow, The Century Foundation
- Jared Bass, senior director of higher education policy, Center for American Progress
- Peter Granville, fellow, The Century Foundation
- Ben Kaufman, director of research & investigations, Student Borrower Protection Center
- Carolina Rodriguez, director, Education Debt Consumer Assistance Program, Community Service Society of New York
Presented by The Century Foundation and Student Borrower Protection Center.