*Please Note: The livestream will begin on this page at the time of the event.
Research shows that dual-language schools are the best way to support English learners’ long-term linguistic and academic development. But a path-breaking study by The Century Foundation and Children’s Equity Project shows that the equitable promise of dual-language immersion programs is not certain.
Join The Century Foundation and UnidosUS on Tuesday, August 29, 2023 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM ET, as we share important findings from our recent report and discuss the policy guardrails that leaders must actively construct to protect English learners’ access to programs which support their emerging bilingual skills.
Live CART and ASL interpretation will be provided.
- Montserrat Garibay, assistant deputy secretary and director, Office of English Language Acquisition, U.S. Department of Education
- Moderator: Astrid Galván, editor, Axios
- Conor P. Williams, senior fellow, The Century Foundation
- Jon Valentine, director of world languages and dual language immersion, Gwinnett County Public Schools
- Amalia Chamorro, director, education policy project, UnidosUS
Presented by The Century Foundation and UnidosUS.