You’re invited to “Fighting for a High Wage America: Reinvesting in Innovation and the Industrial Heartland,” a lunchtime event to launch the “High Wage America Project.” This event will feature opening remarks by Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) and Representative Marcy Kaptur (D-OH-9).
The “High Wage America Project” is a research and policy program led by The Century Foundation’s Bernard L. Schwartz Rediscovering Government Initiative. It will focus on how to bring high wage work back to America’s heartland, through revitalizing manufacturing; positioning America as a global leader in technological innovation; expanding apprenticeship, career, and technical education opportunities; and targeted investments to create high-quality, high-paying jobs.
Join the Century Foundation, leaders on Capitol Hill, community partners, labor and industry coalitions and others as we work together to develop concrete proposals to revive high wage jobs for hardworking Americans.
“The 2016 Election showed that voters in the Heartland states and across America are deeply disappointed in the quality of jobs produced by the economy. Our belief is that America has chosen a low wage course for the nation. There’s never been a more important time for Washington to rethink this approach and help communities grow good jobs.” – Jeff Madrick, Director of TCF’s Bernard L. Schwartz Rediscovering Government Initiative.
A light lunch will be served at this event.
- Fred Block, Professor of Sociology, University of California Davis
- Senator Bob Casey (D-PA)
- Tom Croft, Executive Director of the Steel Valley Authority, Managing Director, Heartland Capital Strategies (HCS)
- Amy Goldstein, award-winning journalist, the Washington Post, and author of “Janesville: An American Story”
- Madeline Janis, Executive Director, Jobs to Move America
- Representative Marcy Kaptur (D-OH-9)
- Jeff Madrick, acclaimed author and economist, Director of TCF’s Bernard L. Schwartz Rediscovering Government Initiative
- Andrew Stettner, Senior Fellow, The Century Foundation