Join The Century Foundation, State Innovation Exchange, and National Network of Abortion Funds on Wednesday, October 12, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET as we highlight states’ proactive efforts to secure and expand abortion access in the wake of the Supreme Court’s egregious decision overturning the federal right to abortion.
The event will feature keynote remarks from Illinois Governor JB Pritzker, who is a lifelong advocate for reproductive rights and has prioritized these issues since taking office in 2019. Governor Pritzker has helped to make his state a safe haven for abortion access—including by signing the Reproductive Health Care Act into law, which created a fundamental right to reproductive health care, including abortion and maternity care.
Live CART and ASL interpretation will be provided.
- Governor JB Pritzker, (D-IL)
- Dr. Jamila Taylor, TCF director of health care reform and senior fellow
- Moderator: Anna Bernstein, health care policy fellow, The Century Foundation
- Representative Micaela Cadena, New Mexico state representative, District 33
- Jennifer Driver, senior director of reproductive rights, State Innovation Exchange
- Senator Natalie Murdock, North Carolina state senator, District 20
- Elizabeth Nash, principal policy associate, state issues, at the Guttmacher Institute
Presented by The Century Foundation, State Innovation Exchange, and National Network of Abortion Funds.